to polish something to make it look bright, smooth, and glossy
- - I don't know now, let me shine it up for you. - Oh, yeah.
From James Corden's Parents Hang w/ Adam Levine, NeNe Leakes & Super Bowl Champs
- Hey, see to it you shine those shoes up nice, boy.
From Key & Peele - Dad's Hollywood Secret
- Mmm, that's a good shoe shine.
From Did Ron Swanson Just Moan in Pleasure? - Parks and Recreation
to show or demonstrate that you are very good at something
- And I was like, "I love a talent show. I wanna shine."
From From Mother's Day to Mushrooms w/ John Mulaney & Zooey Deschanel
- It's time for us to shine like the diamonds that we are.
From Sugar Rush Christmas | Official Trailer | Netflix
- This is your time to shine.
From Side Hustle | Lex and Presley Sing Karaoke to Save the Day! 🎤 | Karaoke Kick Off
rain or shine
something will continue to happen without being affected by any situation
- and I’m here every week, rain or shine.
From How "Five Stages" Misrepresented Grief Onscreen
- - Get out there, rain or shine. - Get out and vote.
From Judge Judy Announces Big Plans for After Her TV Show Ends
- Dan is among the 7 gardeners who work throughout the year, come rain or shine,
From What It Takes to Maintain the Biggest Hedges in the U.K.
where the sun don't shine
up or in the anus
- He thought it would be funny to put the ring where the sun don't shine
From Max Double Take: Deadpool (Cinemax)
- Break that finger 6 different ways and stick it right where the sun doesn't shine.
From What Really Went Down Between The Rock And Vin Diesel
- I wanna stick a candle where the sun doesn't shine.
From Michael Carter-Williams, Ellen's Got Your Back