to change something that is old, damaged, etc. for a similar thing that is newer or better
- I replaced the trophy that I've broken.
From Maya Supports Ray - Speechless
- So we gotta replace their headlights, it looks like.
From GREASE AND SCAMS! Job Simulator: Mechanic | HTC VIVE VR (React: Gaming)
- so I must eat and then replace everything that's about to expire.
From Dwight Eats His Survival Food - The Office
to take the place of someone or something, or to provide or find a substitute for them
- You replaced this with this?
From Governments Fall - SCANDAL: Gladiators Wanted Episode 104
- because we've deleted it and replaced it with Google Maps.
From If iPhone 6 Were Actually Better
- I heard that you were looking for someone to replace Ryan.
From Kelly and Erin Make a Music Video - The Office
to put something in a previous place or position
- I'm replacing the handle and then tightening the set screw, which will hold it in place.
From Ron Swanson Gives Ann Something Special - Parks and Recreation
- Replace the card in the pack, anywhere you'd like.
From Audience Member Upstages James Corden's Magic Trick
- Replace the top.
From Michael Pritchard: How to make filthy water drinkable