to some degree; somewhat
- Seems rather unprofessional.
From Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Jake Peralta Gives out Nicknames (Episode Highlight)
- You seem rather drunk.
From HBO Doctor Commentaries - Game of Thrones
- So I'm walking down a rather windy corridor.
From Women Try Glitter Concealer • Ladylike
used to indicate one's preference in a particular matter
- Would you rather be a whale on land or be a lion at sea?
From Celebrity Slumber Party with John Cho
- But I would rather be alone and happy than with you and unhappy.
From They Came Together (10/11) Movie CLIP - Molly's Wedding (2014) HD
- Why don't you ask him what he'd rather?
From Succession: Return (Season 2 Episode 7 Clip) | HBO
used to precede an idea that is different or opposite to a previous statement
- I know what you want, or rather, whom.
From Dr. Radcliffe Examines May's Feelings for Coulson - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- rather than show them who I really was.
From Simon and Nimah Kiss - Quantico
- I blame not Heather, but rather, a society that tells its youth
From Heathers: High School is a Black Comedy