to make something seem less important, serious, or good, especially in comparison with something else
- pales in comparison to the largest fish that ever existed,
From Sharks 101 | National Geographic
- But their stories pale next to the most successful pirate of all time.
From The most successful pirate of all time - Dian Murray
- An incredibly thoughtful gift that made my gift of flowers with a note pale in comparison.
From Obama Speaks Out About Trump’s Coronavirus Failures: A Closer Look
to lose color or become pale
- You can see that this is paled.
From Pastry Chef Attempts to Make Gourmet Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream | Bon Appétit
very light in color or brightness; (of a person) light in skin color, usually because of an illness, a strong emotion, etc.
- Argon glows a pale lavender.
From What makes neon signs glow? A 360° animation - Michael Lipman
- This is more of a pale gold,
From How To Spot Fake Luxury Jewelry
- These corgis are pretty pale.
From I Tried To Re-Create These Corgi Macarons