to hire or engage the services of a person or persons; to provide employment for; to have or keep in one's service
- I am employed by your mother.
From Uptown Girls (5/11) Movie CLIP - You're Workin' For Me! (2003) HD
- The beer industry employs nearly 70,000 workers and creates some 2.2 million jobs.
From How the US trade war might impact your beer
- I hoped I might be employed here, by you, as something.
From The Favourite Explained: The Imbalance of Power
a person who is paid to work for somebody or a company
- Employees of Dunder Mifflin!
From Dwight's Fire Drill - The Office
- Your employee here used profanity and threatened me with violence.
From Fast Times at Ridgemont High (5/10) Movie CLIP - Brad Gets Canned (1982) HD
- But in 2010, just 8 years ago, we had 30,000 employees.
From Jeff Bezos On Breaking Up And Regulating Amazon
a person or organization that pays people to work for them
- Amazon: the second biggest employer in America, behind only Walmart.
From How Amazon Pays $0.00 In Taxes (Yes, Legally)
- I've been sent by my employer, Mr. Emil Mondavarious,
From Scooby-Doo (3/10) Movie CLIP - All You Can Eat (2002) HD
- and healthcare that's not tied to just 1 employer.
From Zuckerberg's commencement speech sounds a lot like a campaign speech