an amount of money, typically a set percentage of the value involved, paid to an agent in a commercial transaction
- We don't have intermediaries, so we don't have to pay commissions and so on and so forth.
From Xiaomi’s Hugo Barra talks about the new Mi 5 flagship
- I usually get 5% commission but I'll do it for 3%.
From Ron Sells His Cabin In The Woods - Parks and Recreation
- - Uh-huh. - But that's pretty standard that a manager would get a commission for the work they do.
From Kris Jenner And The Business of The Kardashians
to order or authorize someone or something (like an organization) to do or produce something
- on, effectively, a sculpture that they have commissioned.
From Abstract: The Art of Design | Es Devlin: Stage Design | FULL EPISODE | Netflix
- Yeah, we’re trying to commission a traffic study in Koreatown.
From Ken Jeong Korean Men's Club - Dr. Ken
- Now, we actually had 3 pieces commissioned just for this exhibit.
From Check Out Some of the Coolest Characters at MoPOP! | This Week In Marvel