to order or authorize someone or something (like an organization) to do or produce something
- on, effectively, a sculpture that they have commissioned.
From Abstract: The Art of Design | Es Devlin: Stage Design | FULL EPISODE | Netflix
- Yeah, we’re trying to commission a traffic study in Koreatown.
From Ken Jeong Korean Men's Club - Dr. Ken
- Now, we actually had 3 pieces commissioned just for this exhibit.
From Check Out Some of the Coolest Characters at MoPOP! | This Week In Marvel
an amount of money, typically a set percentage of the value involved, paid to an agent in a commercial transaction
- I usually get 5% commission but I'll do it for 3%.
From Ron Sells His Cabin In The Woods - Parks and Recreation
- You made $400 in commission.
From Broad City - Ilana's Intern Army
- Are you kidding? You work on commission.
From The Repo Code - Repo Man (4/10) Movie CLIP (1984) HD
a piece of work that was requested and paid for by someone
- And so I got a commission from The New York Times Magazine to write about depression among the indigent.
From Depression, the secret we share | Andrew Solomon
- So my shop manager Lee received a commission to build a stool
From The Strangest Thing Nick Offerman Has Built