of European customers consider fraud and additional
duties, taxes and fees at delivery a significant concern.
Potential hurdles in international e-commerce
- Group and ship items by value threshold
- Determine and calculate import duty rates and clearance fees
- Manage delays and holdups in Customs
- Comply with distance sales rules
- Have a physical presence in each of the destination countries
- Apply VAT adapted to up to 27 different national rates
- Follow the related reporting requirements
- Unpleasant surprises for customers upon delivery due to unpaid duties and taxes and/or unexpected charges
- Complicated distance sales regulations and potentially unforeseen additional foreign investment
- Complex Customs clearance procedures and frequent delays
- Happy and returning customers
- Full compliance with cross-border duty and tax requirements
and consumer regulations
- A precise, transparent, end-to-end process
- Optimized customer care and complaint handling
- Fewer returns
- True Landed Cost
- Full pricing transparency
- Single up-front payment including optimized and compliant
duties and taxes without surprises
- A trustworthy delivery service
- Reliable track and trace
Connect to your customers with Globify
Globify is an integrated process, bundling multiple flows and multi-national parties on a global data platform.
This end-to-end process expertise enables the True Landed Cost calculation.
Ease your international shipping process for B2C goods and offer your customers an excellent online shopping experience.
Thanks to Globify.
Case study buycostumes.com
buycostumes.com is the leading online retailer of costumes and costume accessories.
The company carries
over 15,000 exclusive and licensed costumes and attracts over 10 million customers to its website during the Halloween season alone.
Since its launch in 1999, buycostumes.com has experienced tremendous growth in the United States and Canada. European sales, while remaining stable, have not reflected these trends.
Although European customers were attracted to the website and interested in the products, the company noticed low conversion rates and high rates of cart abandonment due to the high cost of shipping and the lack of cost transparency using an expedited service.
buycostumes.com recognized that if they could off er customers an affordable shipping option with a precise landed cost at checkout, conversion rates would increase, leading to increased sales.
In 2011, buycostumes.com began offering Globify as an e-commerce shipping option for customers in Europe.
Globify offers an advanced shipping method for international with a True Landed Cost calculation at checkout. It is a trackable service with an all-inclusive, accurate and cost-effective shipping cost which simplifies the process of purchasing and delivery.
With Globify, customers are no longer inconvenienced with unexpected shipping costs to be paid at delivery, or goods held up at Customs due to incorrect Customs clearance classification.
Jon Krouse, Business Development Director at BUYSEASONS Inc., parent company of buycostumes.com, shares his first results and findings after having integrated the buycostumes.com website with Globify:
"Globify has delivered what it said it would, providing the most accurate landed cost, bringing peace of mind to both our customers and ourselves."
MSI Worldwide Mail, headquartered outside of Washington, DC, is an international and domestic mail/parcel distribution company.
MSI provides business-to-consumer e-commerce shipping solutions to businesses in the United States and Canada.
MSI offers True Landed Cost shipping, including Customs clearance and track and trace, as well as a full range of mail services for parcels and packets, corporate mail and publications - all at a highly competitive price.
MSI processing facilities are located in Sterling, VA, Chicago, IL, Toronto, Ontario and London, England. MSI has sales offices throughout the U.S. and Canada.
About bpost International
bpost International is located at the heart of Europe in Brussels. It has facilities in Europe, North America and Asia and it specializes in the handling and worldwide distribution of parcels, personally addressed commercial mailings, and business mail.
bpost International's portfolio consists of:
- Innovative and compliant solutions in business-to-consumer cross-border parcels and mail
- Short delivery times thanks to an extensive international network in Europe, and the rest of world
- A strategically located high-performance hub in Brussels
- Expertise in logistics and supply chain solutions
bpost International is a business unit of Belgium's national postal service. bpost has more than 33,000 employees. Each year it handles over 3.9 billion postal items.
Globify, supported by Deloitte
Deloitte is the brand name under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
Deloitte Tax, a division of Deloitte, collaborating with bpost International, also provides advice on legal and tax matters related to cross-border e-commerce shipping.
Thanks to this collaboration, Globify offers e-tailers full compliance with fiscal and consumer legislation when shipping to Europe, and beyond.
With approximately 182,000 people worldwide, Deloitte member firms deliver services in more than 150 countries. Revenues for fiscal year 2011 were US$28.8 billion.